(Sorry, some of our pictures turned out blurry!)
(I think Matthew looks like he is a poster child for the NRA or a group of crazy white people.)
We hope you all had a very joyous Christmas! We wish you peace, happiness and love in the new year to come!
Matthew and I made cookies for Santa. He LOVED his cookies. This was Matthew's idea for a pose. It worked. Kristen made these Santa aprons. They are so cute!
James is opening his very first Christmas Eve present. I wonder what it is?
Pajamas! (Ignore all that beautiful wiring in the back. I had a few extra lights on the string.)
For my birthday, Lindsey sent me a really pretty cake plate that can also be used as a trifle dish. When did I start to go ga-ga over things like this? I'm a real live grown-up! Well, the box it was packaged in was full of a trillion peanuts. I thought it would be fun to pretend that the peanuts were snow. Does anyone out there know how easily they fall apart, stick to your clothes, and are impossible to clean up? I know and I now remember why I hate them. It's not worth winning mom of the year to play snow angels in those styrofoam peanuts from Hell. It took me about an hour to clean them up. And today, about a week later, I am still finding them. At least Matthew had fun.
Don't you just want to pinch that little tush? James is so stinkin' cute. I can't get enough of those chunks. And he has finally decided to commit to crawling. But I need someone to remind me why I was excited for him to crawl.
I hope everyone was able to get their Matthew and James fix for the day. I promise to do better from now on.
Matthew kept his hood up the whole time. It was really cute. This pic was taken just before Matthew tried to dump James.Kristen took most of the picures of the night with her camera, so maybe I'll post some of those later.
Hello! The Christmas season is here and it's time to get those Christmas cards out. I would love if everyone could please send me their addresses, so I can get our family card out to you all. My email is to the right. Thank you!
*This means EVERYONE (we know) that visits our blog.
I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, trillion, billion dollars!
1. I had my belly button pierced when I was a senior in high school. My parents went out of town one weekend, and I had a friend that was getting her tongue pierced and wanted me to come along. I know, who knew I had friends with pierced tongues? Anyway, I tagged along. I had been wanting to get my belly button pierced for a while, so in my wonderfully rebellious teenage mind, I decided to jump on this opportunity. My parents came home Monday while I was at school. All day I felt totally guilty about deceiving my mom and dad. So I decided that I would spill my secret as soon as I got home. Well, silly me, I left "How to care for your newly pierced navel" instructions on the kitchen counter. Man, did I hear it when I got home. I did, however, get to keep my belly button ring in. I took it out less than a year later, and to this day I still have a hole. Lovely.
2. Every morning I lay my makeup out the same exact way as the day before. I apply my makeup in the same order every day. I never switch it up, and never have. I feel that if I did it all different one day, something bad would happen. Weird, I know.
3. I have to ALWAYS have chapstick or lip gloss on. I am addicted to chapstick. I have back-up chapsticks hidden all over my house, purse and car.
4. I don't really like physical contact. I don't like to hug. Some of you know this already, but I'm not sure if you know to what extent. I feel so awkward hugging. I do hug and kiss my boys on a daily basis, but that's where it ends. I would rather avoid hello's and goodbye's so that I could surpass the hugging. If you are standing next to me and are crying your eyes out, I'm considering polite ways to comfort you that don't involve contact. Isn't that sad? I'd say I'm heartless, but I 'm really not. I cry all the time, when I'm happy, sad, mad, someone else is crying, or something is heart-warming. I just can't handle touching.
5. I secretly want 8 kids. Right now, we have decided on 4 kids total, but I LOVE being pregnant and I LOVE babies. Even though I get pretty bad morning sickness in the 1st trimester and I retain water like a camel, I love everything about pregnancy. It's like 9 months of Christmas Eves. The thought of only being pregnant 2 more times is distressing to me. So I told Tim that if we have 2 more boys, then I want one more, just to see if it will be a girl. And even if it's a boy, I'll give up my obsession.
6. I am probably the pickiest eater you will ever meet. I don't like any kind of seafood, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, onions (I love the smell of onions and butter sauteing and the flavor they add to food), mushrooms, spinach (unless it's in spinach and artichoke dip), bell peppers, cooked carrots, corn off of the cob, green beans, peaches, lettuce in anything other than a salad, meatloaf, carrot cake, peas, coconut, olives... Man, I could go on forever. But I LOVE Spam. Go figure!
If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!
Posted by monica at 8:23 PM
Trick or Treat! Smell my feet! Give me something good to eat! If you don't, I don't care! I'll pull down your underwear!
Hope you all had a fun Halloween!
Amy is Sleepy Girl and Colin is a preppy Frat boy.
Ted is a newspaper printer and Martha and her tiny pooch are "Best in Show."
Here is a close up of J. Jonah Jameson. We colored in his eyebrows and drew on a mustache. Unfortunately, he slobbers a lot and has a runny nose, so the mustache was slowly fading away. They don't show that in the movies.