12.17.2007

Just some cute stories about Matthew...

So, I'm pretty sure I have one of, if not the, cutest 3 year-old around. On Saturday, while Tim was busy in his workshop, I decided to make his Christmas present. While I was working on it, Matthew asked me what I was doing. "I'm making Dad a blanket for Christmas, but you can't tell him. It's a surprise." I said. Later that night, Matthew said to Tim, "Dad, mom is making you a blanket. You are going to like it and you will be happy." He may have ruined the surprise, but at least he's making sure Tim appreciates my work. He's lookin' out for his mom.
Yesterday, during Sacrament, Ted gave a talk. In his talk he asked, who can administer good unto all of us, like the angels in the Bible. Matthew, happily, and without skipping a beat said, "Santa!" I'm so glad he's learned the true meaning of Christmas.

2 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Cute Matthew. He's a lot like his dad. Tim once told Ted that his Christmas present started with a "GUH" and ended with a "TAR". Poor Tim was so frustrated when Ted couldn't figure out what the gift could be.

Wright Life said...

Matthew is such a funny kid! That was so funny in church when he said Santa. I have another funny story about him...I was sitting by Mom during sacrament meeting and had Matthew on my lap. When we were sustaining people Mom raised her hand and Matthew slapped it. Not only did he just slap it but he did it really hard and had this look about him after like, wow, that was a really good high five!