11.09.2007

The Next Ultimate Fighter...

Okay, so I've been noticing on a lot of other blogs people have been tagged and their assignment is to reveal random or unknown things about themselves. I thought that was kind of a fun idea. So to go along with the picture today, I am going to reveal an unknown fact about myself. It happened about 2 1/2 years ago. Tim took me out to dinner to our favorite place, Buffalo Wild Wings. It's one of those laid back kind of places with big screen TVs and loud music and great food. Well, this particular night the sport being played on every single TV was Ultimate Fighting. I'd always associated ultimate fighting with boxing, and I hate boxing. And whenever I heard anything about Ultimate Fighting, flashbacks of Monica Gellar's Octagon fighting boyfriend entered my mind. But within minutes I discovered my love for Ultimate Fighting (which is actually a little different from boxing minus the blood) in the form of Chuck Liddell. Who doesn't love that mohawk? Anyway, that night I was sucked in by this mixed martial arts sport. And I have been a loyal fan, although from the closet, ever since.
While Tim was flying home from California Friday, he saw Tito Ortiz. Tito is one of the biggest names in Ultimate Fighting. Love him or hate him, I love to hate him, he's a pretty good fighter. So Tim got his photo taken with him for me. It's not the greatest photo, but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I had a scary experience when I looked at your blog. I thought I was looking at Scott's brother Mike's family's blog. I read 'The Next Ultimate Fighter", scrolled down, saw TIM next to Tito and I yelled, "THAT'S MY BROTHER!" I thought that Mike took this picture of Tito and some guy who was training to be an ultimate fighter not realizing it was Tim. Luckily I quickly realized whick blog I was reading and calmed down. For as fun as ultimate fighting is to watch, and as good as you could be (think of karate in 3rd grade) I really think you're better in construction management.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
monica said...

Ha ha! Thanks for your confidence, Laurie. By the way, we would have posted the video of me and Tito Grappling, but I totally kicked his butt and he made me promise we woudn't post the video on the blog.