11.13.2007

6 Things You Might Not Know About Me...

1. I had my belly button pierced when I was a senior in high school. My parents went out of town one weekend, and I had a friend that was getting her tongue pierced and wanted me to come along. I know, who knew I had friends with pierced tongues? Anyway, I tagged along. I had been wanting to get my belly button pierced for a while, so in my wonderfully rebellious teenage mind, I decided to jump on this opportunity. My parents came home Monday while I was at school. All day I felt totally guilty about deceiving my mom and dad. So I decided that I would spill my secret as soon as I got home. Well, silly me, I left "How to care for your newly pierced navel" instructions on the kitchen counter. Man, did I hear it when I got home. I did, however, get to keep my belly button ring in. I took it out less than a year later, and to this day I still have a hole. Lovely.

2. Every morning I lay my makeup out the same exact way as the day before. I apply my makeup in the same order every day. I never switch it up, and never have. I feel that if I did it all different one day, something bad would happen. Weird, I know.

3. I have to ALWAYS have chapstick or lip gloss on. I am addicted to chapstick. I have back-up chapsticks hidden all over my house, purse and car.

4. I don't really like physical contact. I don't like to hug. Some of you know this already, but I'm not sure if you know to what extent. I feel so awkward hugging. I do hug and kiss my boys on a daily basis, but that's where it ends. I would rather avoid hello's and goodbye's so that I could surpass the hugging. If you are standing next to me and are crying your eyes out, I'm considering polite ways to comfort you that don't involve contact. Isn't that sad? I'd say I'm heartless, but I 'm really not. I cry all the time, when I'm happy, sad, mad, someone else is crying, or something is heart-warming. I just can't handle touching.

5. I secretly want 8 kids. Right now, we have decided on 4 kids total, but I LOVE being pregnant and I LOVE babies. Even though I get pretty bad morning sickness in the 1st trimester and I retain water like a camel, I love everything about pregnancy. It's like 9 months of Christmas Eves. The thought of only being pregnant 2 more times is distressing to me. So I told Tim that if we have 2 more boys, then I want one more, just to see if it will be a girl. And even if it's a boy, I'll give up my obsession.

6. I am probably the pickiest eater you will ever meet. I don't like any kind of seafood, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, onions (I love the smell of onions and butter sauteing and the flavor they add to food), mushrooms, spinach (unless it's in spinach and artichoke dip), bell peppers, cooked carrots, corn off of the cob, green beans, peaches, lettuce in anything other than a salad, meatloaf, carrot cake, peas, coconut, olives... Man, I could go on forever. But I LOVE Spam. Go figure!

If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

aaron and meg facer said...

I'm totally with you on the chapstick thing. I buy four of five at a time! Man, all of those random tidbits of info combined with Ultimate Fighting...I can't wait to meet you!

Lindsey M said...

I knew all of 'em. Okay, maybe not all. Remember when we were little and you only wanted one or two kids?