10.18.2010

This past week my kids had Fall Break. Since Tim had a few big things going on at work, he couldn't take any time off. So I decided we'd go on a "staycation." I turned our house into Hotel De Morelos. For FHE last week, we got in the car to go on a fun trip, when we got to our destination it looked an awful lot like our house! But little did our boys know, we had just arrived at the most exclusive, luxurious and all-inclusive hotel ever. We offered room service (they chose their breakfast, lunches, snacks, and desserts), mints on freshly made beds, a chauffeur service, a spa, among many other things. I made room keys for the boys and a "lock" for their door. They loved it. I made a spot in the main living area of the hotel for the itinerary, room keys (in the turquoise card), and messages.
On the itinerary we had library, park, learning to ride bikes, zoo, culinary lessons, ghost town, movie night, games and so much more!
Here it the hotel's very own game room. We used it almost every day.
Library
Park
Delicious picnic of lunchables goodness.
Culinary lessons. We made sugar cookies. The boys loved helping.
Matthew said, "Hey, Mom, I'll add the love." Oh, Spongebob.
Jacob did his part by reorganizing the cupboards.
Goldfield Ghost Town. Super fun!
Superstition Mountains
Our new friend. Isn't he cute?
Afterwards we each got an ice cream cone. Mine had a dead worm in it. Super yum!
Zoo.
Crazy monkeys!

Jacob loved the carousel. It was his first time on one. I'm sure it was not his last.
Ted's Hot Dogs. Such a good place. I love the corn dogs and cheese fries.
What a fun staycation! Can't wait to do it again.

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

What a fun idea!!! You are so creative. I migth have to steal this idea, we have early out week coming up in a little bit and I am really not looking forward to it!!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Man. I'm moving to your house!

Tyler and Kristen said...

You are a super mom! You put this mom to shame. Shhh just don't tell my kids what fun they're missing out on! We miss seeing you guys!

Lindsey M said...

Love it!!! There are so many pictures I forgot all the comments I wanted to make.

I loved the picture of the boys at the ghost town with their "new friend." All their expressions were priceless.

Jacob is getting so big!!! I miss them all so much.

I want a copy of your itinerary so I can do this in the future.

Candice said...

You are an AWESOME mom!! That was such a great idea! I admire you.

Martha Blood said...

My little grandsons have the greatest mom! Thanks for all the fun you add to everyone who knows you.

Love, Martha