5.10.2010

Mother's Day

I love being a mom. I love being a mom so much more than I ever thought I would. I thought I would hate cooking, cleaning, laundry, yard work, and early mornings. But oddly, I love it all. I love getting up with the early bird's morning song and singing my own tune to get Matthew out of bed. The more it irritates him, the louder and gushier I get. I look forward to getting Matthew ready for school in the mornings and that short drive to school. I love reminding Matthew that I love him and to "Remember who you are and what you stand for" even if it bugs the heck out of him. I love seeing James' doggie and blankie come flying down the stairs because it means that the cutest bedhead will shortly follow. I love to hear Jacob yelling impatiently from his room, letting me know he is ready for his breakfast. Nothing beats those moments in the morning when the boys are munching on their latest cereal craze and Jacob is scooting all over the kitchen. Each one wants to impress me with a silly anecdote or a new trick. And I relish in those moments that I'm the star. Everyone wants a piece of me. Just because I'm the mom, their mom. And I love it.
Matthew made me a beautiful corsage. I wore it all day on Sunday.

3 comments:

Lindsey M said...

I remember when you used to talk about getting married and you were going to have a maid and a cook. I love that you love being a mom. You were meant to be a mom. It fits you.

Your boys are all so handsome. Tell Matthew that I want a corsage like that for my birthday. It's beautiful!

Love you guys.

Queen of Kings said...

Monica you are GEORGOUS!!! I love the pic of you with all your boys! You're a great Mom and its easy to see why you love it with such cute little guys all around you!

mrs. timberlake said...

These pictures rock the casbah. Especially with you and all your admirers. I love that you say you are the star, and everyone wants a piece of you. :)