12.19.2008

Car Crashes and Knee Pads

Today Matthew had a Christmas party at school and got to wear his pajamas to class.  He got a big kick out of that.  This morning on the way to school we were listening to Christmas music and "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" was playing (probably my least favorite holiday song)  and when the song was over Matthew said, "I wish something was wrong with our car and we would crash into other cars."  Perplexed and a little disturbed, I asked, "Why would you want something like that to happen?"  "Because then somebody would write a song about it," he so matter-of-factly replied.  "Oh, like the song about the grandma being run over?"  I asked, a little relieved.  "Yeah, like that."

James will NOT stay in his blankets at night, and although we live in Arizona, it does get cold at night.  So I bought him some pajamas with the feet on them.  He absolutely loves them.  Like my mom put it, they have built in shoes.  What's not to love?  
He has also developed another fashion trend, knee pads on his arms.  He wears them around all day and I seriously think he believes they make him tougher.  

1 comment:

Lindsey M said...

That's just cute and that's all there is to say about that!