4.08.2008

Everybody poops...

My kid is strange.  While I am sure this is hardly news to anyone, each day he demonstrates a new level of weirdness.  Yesterday we had just gotten home from playing in the water at Desert Ridge, and he went straight out to the backyard.  I was on the phone with my friend Amy and when I looked out the back screen, he was stomping in a puddle.  Instantly I realized that he was as naked as the day he was born and there was not a hose in sight.  In as calm a voice as I could get out, "Matthew, are you stomping in your pee?"  He replied by laughing.  Then something in the grass caught my eye, it looked like a lovely, organic present a great dane would have left.  In not so calm of a voice, I shrieked, "Matthew, did you poop in the grass?"  "Yep, sure did."  And today, after finishing an ice cream cone outside, he proudly announced, "Mom, I pooped in the grass again.  Come look."  Fortunately, I can laugh at this, especially while cleaning human feces out of my backyard, that's when it is most important.

2 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

I can attest to her calm voice asking her son if he A) was stomping in his pee and B) if he had pooped in the lawn. I thought I must be misunderstanding, but no.
Monica is the most patient mother I know.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

That sounds like something Tim would have done. Ask Matthew if his dad taught him that.